Jim has a second talk with Iain McGilchrist about the ideas in his book The Matter With Things: Our Brains, Our Delusions, and the Unmaking of the World…
- Episode Transcript
- JRS EP 154: Iain McGilchrist on The Matter With Things
- The Matter With Things: Our Brains, Our Delusions, and the Unmaking of the World, by Iain McGilchrist
- JRS EP5: Lee Smolin – Quantum Foundations and Einstein’s Unfinished Revolution
- JRS EP11: Dave Snowden and Systems Thinking
- Finite and Infinite Games: A Vision of Life as Play and Possibility, by James P. Carse
Iain McGilchrist is a former Fellow of All Souls College, Oxford, an associate Fellow of Green Templeton College, Oxford, a Fellow of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, a Consultant Emeritus of the Bethlem and Maudsley Hospital, London, a former research Fellow in Neuroimaging at Johns Hopkins University Medical School, Baltimore, and a former Fellow of the Institute of Advanced Studies in Stellenbosch. He now lives on the Isle of Skye, off the coast of North West Scotland, where he continues to write, and lectures worldwide. He is committed to the idea that the mind and brain can be understood only by seeing them in the broadest possible context, that of the whole of our physical and spiritual existence, and of the wider human culture in which they arise – the culture which helps to mould, and in turn is moulded by, our minds and brains.