Dr. Ben Goertzel is Chief Scientist of robotics firm Hanson Robotics and financial prediction firm Aidyia Holdings; Chairman of AI software company Novamente LLC and bioinformatics company Biomind LLC; Chairman of the Artificial General Intelligence Society and the OpenCog Foundation; Vice Chairman of futurist nonprofit Humanity+; Scientific Advisor of biopharma firm Genescient Corp.; Advisor to the Singularity University and Singularity Institute; Research Professor in the Fujian Key Lab for Brain-Like Intelligent Systems at Xiamen University, China; and general Chair of the Artificial General Intelligence conference series.
His research work encompasses artificial general intelligence, natural language processing, cognitive science, data mining, machine learning, computational finance, bioinformatics, virtual worlds and gaming and other areas. He has published a dozen scientific books, 100+ technical papers, and numerous journalistic articles.
Index to The Jim Rutt Show featuring Ben Goertzel
- Introduction, Artificial Intelligence and General Artificial Intelligence 14 minutes
- OpenCog and Cognitive Synergy 12 minutes
- Language Understanding 17 minutes
- Robotics, AGI and “The Artificial Toddler” 6 minutes
- SingularityNET – The Singularity Network 17 minutes
- AI and AGI in Complex Systems 18 minutes